Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Housing Life Cycle




This picture is a good representation of a home that would fit my current needs as a 17 year old living with my family. Considering my family has four family members, it is necessary to have a good amount of space inside of the home, as this picture displays. I also like that there is plenty of yard space, as suggested by the fence in surrounding the backyard. This home looks modern and traditional, which is perfect for a middle class family. This home would support all the basic physical and psychological needs, except - assuming that my parents picked out and designed this home - the psychological need of identity. This means that the home doesn't express my personal identity, as much as it does my families, so I could decorate my room to express my style.






  
These two pictures represent an apartment that would be perfect to live in once I become 21. When I am 21, I will be going to college, working, and wanting to be social, so the fact that most apartments are located in the city makes it perfect for me to live in. At this point of time in my life, I will most likely be living alone or with a roommate, so it would only be necessary for a one or two bedroom apartment. This means that the size of living space would be small because of the smaller amount of people that I would be living with. An apartment also fits the needs of a 21 year old because it is less expensive than a house. All of the basic physical and psychological needs would be met in this apartment, except the outer identity, because only the inside would show my style and personality.































































  
These two pictures represent where I would like to live when I turn 41. The house looks very modern and contemporary, and it is a lot bigger than the apartment that I chose for when I was 21 because I will be raising a family in this home. I also picked to live on the lake with a pool because it would be a great place to raise kids. I also think it would be great to live on the lake because most lakes are located in the country side, which is where I want my kids to grow up. All of the physical and psychological needs would be met in this living environment.


 


This picture is a good representation of the house I would like to live in when I am 71. This cottage is located in Florida, which is a great retirement destination. This cute and antique cottage is a lot smaller than the house that I would previously live in. This is because my kids would have moved out by now, so we wouldn't need as much space. However, I would want it to be big enough and contain a spare bedroom so that I could have my kids come visit with the grand kids. This cottage home would meet all the basic physical and psychological needs.



I hope I can live in homes like these when I get older!





No comments:

Post a Comment